Move for Hunger
For more than five years, BGRS has provided support to Move for Hunger, a non-profit that collects unwanted, non-perishable food items from people who are moving and distributes it to local food banks throughout North America. Since we began our commitment to Move for Hunger, our employees and supplier partners have gathered more than 656,897 pounds of food, providing 547,414 meals for those in need.
In addition, our teams have organized office collections, run races and led fundraising efforts for Move for Hunger resulting in more than $120,000 donated to their cause. The tie between BGRS and Move for Hunger couldn’t be stronger and the mission more important.
Care Community Services
Over last two years, the BGRS Singapore team has organized and hosted several events for Care Community Services (CCSS), an organization that designs and implements programs that provide well-being services and education to those in need, along with the tools necessary for those they impact to pay it forward. In addition to volunteering time, our team in Singapore regularly hosts various events for the children and elderly CCSS supports, raising more than $8,000SGD since the beginning of 2016.
Our London team chooses a new cause to support on an annual basis in order to extend their impact across important causes. Last year the team ran races and organized several events and volunteer days for FareShare, a charity focused on relieving food poverty and reducing food waste in the United Kingdom. The team successfully raised support for the organization and provided more than 6,100 hot meals for those in need in London.
Collaborating for a Cause
Our employees are empowered by a shared commitment to the urgent needs of their communities. Volunteerism among our global employees not only makes a difference, it creates an opportunity for strengthening our culture and our relationships with each other.
Last year alone, our employees:
- Hosted fundraisers to support women’s shelters and violence prevention programs in Toronto, Canada
- Volunteered at food banks and pantries to support those in need in Calgary, Canada
- Collected toys, toiletries, and various items through an annual Giving Tree for families with children battling cancer in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Gathered back packs and filled them with school supplies, paper and notebooks to support education in Houston, Texas
- Donated to CARE, a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting global poverty